Licensing and insurance:
Southside car group is approved by the Public Carriage Office.
Clients approached by drivers independently should note the following
Both driver and the client would not be insured.
• The safety of the client could not be guaranteed as there would not be an official record of their travel.
• The law states that when a vehicle and driver is hired for the purpose of travel it is done via the local council and pco approved and licensed booking office.
• We are only insured for passenger travel. This insurance is for public liability and not independent travel insurance.
General Terms & Conditions
• Your statutory rights Minimum are not affected by these terms and conditions.
• All our prices are quoted in pound sterling.
• All prices are exclusive of VAT at 20%.
• There is a 10% surcharge on all card payments.
• All parking and entrance are chargeable at costs.
• Your booking charge may be subject to additional waiting time and car park.
• We operate a no smoking policy in all our vehicles.
• Southside car group accepts no responsibilities for any loss or damage to any property or luggage carried in the vehicle however such loss occurs.
• Our drivers will travel using the most appropriate routes unless instructed otherwise at the time of booking.
• Southside car group accept no responsibility for bodily injury or death or sickness to the signatory of the contract or any other person except where such death or injury is caused directly by a member of southside car group.
• Southside car group will make every effort that our drivers arrive on time, however we cannot take responsibility for unforeseen circumstances i.e. Traffic delays, accidents, breakdowns, severe weather conditions, strikes or road works.
• Southside car group will endeavour to provide the vehicle you request. However, in the unlikely event that we are unable to do so, we reserve the right to provide a substitute vehicle of similar type and capacity. You will be informed of this.
• When the client desires to travel to a particular place the driver will travel by the route which is in his/hers opinion is the most suitable at the time.
• Southside car group may increase charges on bank holidays and other occasions and shall inform all concerned of such charges in advance.
• Southside car group resumes the right to use sub contractors. We occasionally have to subcontract work out to other companies, however we only use subcontractors that have the same high standard as ourselves thus ensuring to our customer the same excellent service we endeavour to provide.
• Southside car group will keep a "lost property book" at the office, and will endeavour to return any lost items in our vehicle(s) or sub contracted vehicle(s) to all Clienteles (there may be additional charges for this services).
Business & Personnel Accounts
• Prior to making any Bookings for any Account Services, the Customer must first open an Account with southside car group.
• Business or personnel accounts can be set up with credit and debit cards or alternatively direct debit as a method of payment.
• Invoices are issued in UK sterling
• Cheques must be made to southside car group.
• All applicants for opening an account with southside car group must provide two references required to check creditworthiness.
• Personnel accounts customers must also provide two recent utility bills.
• All account charges incurred shall be invoiced after each booking or on the last working day of each month.
• As a condition of opening an account with southside car group the applicant must agree to pay all invoices within 14 days from the date of invoice.
• At the time an account is authorized, southside car group may set a Credit Limit.
• In the event that the applicant has exceeded the Credit Limit agreed, southside car group may at its absolute discretion withhold the Service from the applicant.
• It will be the duty of the applicant to ensure that the use of the Service is operated within the Credit Limit.
Termination of Account
• Either parties may be able to terminate this Agreement by providing one month written notice.
• Without prejudice, Clienteles are in breach of any of the 'Terms & Condition' of this Agreement, southside car group shall have the right to terminate this Agreement or suspend certain provisions of Services, or suspend the Clienteles Account facility, immediately with or without formal notification.
• When an Account is terminated, by any means whatsoever, the Customer shall pay to the Company all outstanding Charges which are owed to southside car group as at the date of termination.
• Southside car group resumes the right to request for a full payment or a deposit when making a
• Non Account booking).
If there are any changes or variations including extra mileage to the journey other than what was agreed at the time of booking, the clientele shall be charged extra in accordance with the pricing structure on our website (e.g. extra mileage, hourly rate & Waiting time).
Upon mutual agreement of charges for services to be provided please note the following:
• Any changes to the original agreement shall be charged accordingly.
• Prices quoted for A.D (as directed) rate include multiple stops and waiting time, (Allowing 10 miles per hour only). The usage of the car is restricted to central London area only with certain mileage allocation. Any mileage thereafter is charged at an additional per mile rate. Airport transfers are not normally included in the A.D (as directed) hire and are charged in addition to the standard rate.
• If the customer does not appear at the time and place designated at the pickup point, the charge will be raised at the full rate quoted for the original booking or any monies paid will be non refundable.
• Clients are fully responsible for all damages they cause to the interior of the vehicle and will appropriately be billed for repairs carried out such as valeting needed to return the car to the condition it was originally hired in.
• Flight details helps us give you a punctual service .We make every reasonable attempt to monitor your flight times, however we are unable to access reliable information until shortly before departure or scheduled arrival times.
• If your flight is delayed, you should make immediate contact with southside car group to notify us, so that we can adjust our schedules and rearrange drivers. We allow a waiting time of 45 minutes for domestic flights and 45 minutes for international landings .
• However: if for any reason you are unable to get in touch with your driver then please contact the office immediately on : +44 (0) 20 8876 6666
• Our meet and greet system will ensure that your driver will be waiting for you as soon as you enter the arrivals terminal or a meeting point agreed at the time of booking. Your driver will be holding up a name board with your name on it along with southside car group logo
• We will endeavour to accommodate delayed flights times, but cannot be held liable should circumstances prevent us from being able to respond to any changes.
• Southside car group shall not allow under any circumstance luggage i.e. suitcases and such to be placed inside the vehicle.
• The maximum seating capacity of the vehicle is determined by driver, and should not be exceeded. It is the clientele responsibility to ensure that any children or passengers under the height of 4'6" are secured within a booster seat or protective child seat as appropriate. (please note there is an additional charge of £2.00 for the supply of a child seat).
• In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with our services, all complaints must be
notified in writing to southside car group within 14 days, southside car group treats all complaints with the utmost seriousness and our aim would be to resolve the issues in a fair and amicable manner
• In the event of any dispute concerning the calculation by southside car group of its charges,such
dispute shall be notified to southside car group by the client within 14 days of the invoice being presented. In the event of no such notification being received by southside car group the client shall accept the amount as being properly calculated and due.
• In the event of there being any disputes regarding the interpretation of Terms and Conditions relative to the agreement, southside car group decision shall be final and binding upon the Customer.
All Parcels must be Correctly Packaged and have a Label attached.
We shall not be required or caused to carry or convey anything if such carriage or conveyance would be unlawful.
Where You purchase a Service and request that the Parcel be delivered to the Consignee, we shall make one attempt to deliver the Parcel to the Relevant Delivery Point. If We are not able to deliver the Parcel, You authorise Us to try and deliver the Parcel to an alternative address close to the Relevant Delivery Point or to leave the Parcel in a safe place and (if successful) We shall leave at the Relevant Delivery Point details of where We have delivered the Parcel. If We are unable to deliver, either to the Relevant Delivery Point, a nearby address, or to leave the parcel in a safe place We shall return the Parcel to Our premises and leave a request for the Customer to contact us to make alternative delivery arrangements.
Alter Terms & Condition
• Southside car group reserves the right to alter or vary 'Terms & Conditions' at its absolute
discretion upon giving reasonable notice to the Clientele and without prejudice to the generality or the aforesaid.
• southside car group reserves the right to change tariff charges.
• No representations or variations in or additions to these 'Terms & Conditions' or warranty given by any person acting or purporting to act on behalf of southside car group shall have any force or effect whatsoever unless confirmed in writing by an authorised representative of southside car group
Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the Client's' statutory rights.